Eco English 3rd Meeting 7/05/2011
★ Eco Tour
One Participant has an experience to visit Simanto river in Kochi, where she stayed in old school building. The activity feature was canoeing! The local high school students teach the tourists canoeing. The other highlight activity was bonito cooking -Katsuo no Tataki.
We learned the definision of eco-tour. Actually, there are several definisions. One of them is below;
Ecotourism is about uniting conservation, communities, and sustainable travel. This means that those who implement and participate in ecotourism activities should follow the following ecotourism principles:
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host countries' political, environmental, and social climate.
Be careful for greenwashing! and let's enjoy eco-tours.